NES is a specification compiling program for use in generating Building Services Specifications. The software contains a comprehensive library of clauses that Building Services Engineers can select and edit to create complete project specifications. It keeps your specification content right up to date, effortlessly puts you in line with industry best practice and increases the efficiency of your specification writing
NES makes writing specifications quick and easy and is the specification tool of choice for the top UK Building Services companies.
NES is the only specification tool in the UK designed specifically for compiling Building Services specifications. Clauses are authored and maintained by our team of specialists and are arranged in accordance with the Common Arrangement of Work Sections. The structure provides a checklist for specifications that helps ensure that nothing is overlooked.
The key benefits of NES are:
- Comprehensive – Content will be updated every quarter (every 3 months)
- Saves your company time – Our in house team of experts, continually research to provide the best technical guidance and clause content, and with clever options to people writing specifications, so you don't have to spend time searching.
- Saves your company money – Specifications can be developed from master specifications and ‘Pre-edit Questions’ are provided
- Reduces project risk – NES will allow an entire project team to work on a single, integrated specification, and to combine separate systems or parts of the specification into a single published document.
- Intuitive – Similar interface to the most popular Word Processing packages
This powerful tool has been produced with professional input from industry specification writers – so it’s guaranteed to fit into the way you already work.
Endorsed and recommended by CIBSE and supported by BSRIA
BSRIA corporate master specification preparation service; converting your in-house master specifications into an NES format.
Why you need NES
Writing specifications is an integral but time-consuming part of every Building Services Engineers working life.
Many practices have developed in-house procedures and document templates to optimise the time spent on those parts of the specification-writing process that are common to most projects. But developing and maintaining a full specification system along with the information resources required is very costly, and beyond the means of most offices.
Even where sophisticated systems exist, the biggest problem remains keeping up to date with the changes in British and European Standards, and keeping pace with industry ‘best practice’.
NES addresses the very real challenges of ensuring that accurate and up to date information is available to Building Services Engineers. This is an increasingly onerous task given the rate of legislative change, but an absolutely vital one given the increasingly litigious environment in which the whole construction industry operates.
Easy to Use
Although extremely comprehensive, NES is very intuitive and easy to use. In addition to a extensive instruction manual the software contains easy to use wizards, typical examples and FAQ's.
Guidance notes are provided for most sections and in some cases for individual clauses.
In addition to this facility, you can also add your own comments to sections and clauses.
For more information - speak to one of our helpful advisors today
CALL 0800 028 28 28